Monday, December 3, 2001

It's funny, really. This Roman guy, I mean. I put him on the airport shuttle on Saturday morning early (see below). That was the last of it, or so I thought. Yesterday (Sunday) at about 4 PM the telephone rings. I answer it. It's his girlfriend, Marianna. She is a very nice girl, very cute (if I can believe the picture Roan showed me) and has a brain, too. You have to have one to speak two languages fluently. We chit chatted for about 15 seconds and then I said, "So, is there something you want to talk about?"



"No... Is Roman there?"



Man, did I feel bad for her instantly.



"Marianna... [sigh] Roman is in Venezuela now, I think."



"What! I don't believe this..."



"I put him in a taxi yesterday morning very early."



She recovered quickly (more credit to her) and we hung up. This girl is quite a catch; I can't imagine why he'd treat her that way...



In other news, I had a nice time with a new friend last night. We'll see each other again later this week. A very interesting and attractive woman.

No comments: