Friday, November 23, 2001

Thanksgiving was actually pretty good. We all brought good food and Mom just roasted a turkey.



I had an argument with my foreign exchange student roommate a little while ago. He watches a LOT of TV - he begged me to get cable after he moved in (I had nothing when I first bought the place and then on Sept 11 I bought a set of "rabbitt ears" to watch some coverage.). I wanted to watch the U2 concert tonight on VH-1 that started at 9 PM. At 8:30, while I was watching the ST:TNG marathon he came in to "remind" me that he was watching "Amor Amor Amor" (a stupid Spanish soap opera) at 9 PM.



"No. I am watching the U2 concert."



This precipitated an argument wherein he insisted he had to watch this show and I was simply telling him, "No. It's my house, my TV, my cable TV. He then tried to claim that because he pays me $500 a month he can watch my TV.



I got very angry and told him to forget it. He walked away grumbling so I told him to fuck off.



His class is finished next week and he has asked if he can stay until December 10 with a lot of sight-seeing with his brother before he goes home. I think I will reneg on my agreement and tell him he has to get out December 1.



My friend Ed is coming down this Friday for the weekend. He is staying in a hotel since he is allergic to my cats but if Roman leaves on December 1 then it's one less thing I have to worry about.

No comments: