Sunday, November 18, 2001

John Lennon wrote a song once called "Instant Kharma", wherein he sang in part; "Instant kharma's gonna get you."



Well, it's been getting some guy whose phone number is close to my cell phone number since yesterday afternoon.



Saturday afternoon I decided to forward my home phone to my cell phone; to do this I pick up the home phone and dial 72# 583 8986. I wait for my cell phone to ring, answer it and then hang up. Now the calls to 439 4864 go to 583 8986. To stop the call forwarding I pick up the home phone and dial 73#.



Well, I dialed something else close to 583 8986 Saturday and when some guy picked up I said, "I'm sorry, I have the wrong number." very politely and apologetically. His reply was a snide, "Yeah, you sure as hell do!". Yes, he's right; I am obviously a completely useless dumbshit moron because I made a dialing mistake with my telephone.



So, I hung up and forgot about it and just ran my errands without forwarding my calls.



But, I forgot that the phone was still programmed to dial into whatever that number was. So the phone rang three times last night and all three times it rang once and then stopped. I just figured there was someone dialing and then changing their mind. It happens, you know.



Just now, though, I decided to do the same thing - forward the phone to my cell. I called my home phone from my cell phone to check on something else and lo and behold, the phone on the counter rang ONCE and then stopped. After another few rings in my cell phone earpiece I heard this same guy pick up the phone. "Hello?" I hung up and said, "Oh shit!" and started laughing. Immediately my cell phone started ringing. The caller ID was blocked and there was no way I was picking that thing up. So, before it rolled into voice mail he hung up. Too bad, I wanted to hear what he had to say.



So, I then knew I had to clear the call forwarding, which I did.



And the lesson here, is BE NICE to people when they call your number by mistake, even if they aren't. Because if you aren't they might forget to correct their call forwarding and you'll have to put up with their phone calls until they clear it. Hee hee.

No comments: