Saturday, February 24, 2007

Week Over

Week Over

Well, another week with our Japan team and our KDDI customer is over. We had a good series of meetings; they seem to be warming up to us loud obnoxious Americans.

We were at Donovan's last night, one of the top 10 steakhouses in the country. We were utterly stuffed with food; I made all of the Japanese guys order a Stone Brewing Co Arrogant Bastard ale with dinner. Stone is local in San Marcos and an award-winning brewery. The ABs came in 20 ounce bottles. We had a good time and the wait staff were very cool and very helpful with the English (or lack thereof).

Today I went over the specification with them; it took about 2 hours. I am always intrigued as to what things get noticed or commented on in a review like that. Things I figured were no-brainers we wold discuss in depth, things I figured would be issues were breezed right over. I did find a few errors much to my chagrin; one or two are things that should not have been in there (but weren't caught by the internal team either so it's not like it is all my fault). We will do our best to get them to accept those deletions with the rev B next month. I was happy with my performance and that things went smoothly.

I left work early today and came home to relax. I expect to be asleep early tonight. Tomorrow I will visit my folks and try to figure out why their Mac is behaving sluggishly. I have a few ideas about what is causing it, probably the indexer that is included in Mac OS 10.4.

I need to update the rental agreement for the "Kumquat kids" and get that signed this weekend, too, hopefully.

Today I drive up t the parents' house to help them with their computer and see how they are doing.

No comments: