Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I Still Hate Cars

My dealer has two locations; I usually use the closer-to-me location as it is less busy BUT they couldn't do this work (alarms are dealer-added options and they have a guy who does them and the guy is at the other, big location). I got into a defensive conversation with the service manager idiot at the cloer-to-me location (I called over there first since, you now, they fucked the car up so I figure I'd give them first shot at fixing it) who told me "they do battery cable replacements all the time and they don't affect the alarm blah blah blah"

Oh. Shut. Up.

What a dick.

OF COURSE you guys fucked this up; it was PERFECTLY FINE when I gave it to you and when I got it back it was fucked up.

I took my car over to the dealer this morning because it has continued to "act up" with random beeps and burps and farts and the car alarm went off twice early Monday AM (1:15 and 1:45).

I wrote up a detailed explanation of what had happened and left the car with the (helpful and cheerful I must say) New Car Accessories Service Department manager.

I was impressed; an hour later they had called me and said they'd replaced the alarm "brain" and at no charge.

Turns out the car alarm was in fact interfering with the proper operation of the rest of the car because "Mode 2" was only 100% active after I drove off the lot today. In the past the doors would lock automatically as soon as I took it out of "P" (even in Mode 2) but today they were unlocked, I took it out of "P" and... they stayed unlocked.

"Ah ha!" I said to myself. "I am smarter than they are."

I feel like calling "Dave the Dickhead" at the closer-to-me location and informing him that now he can truthfully say that he has seen a car that was fucked up as a part of replacing a battery cable and he should shut up about it the next time someone has a complaint.

And this is why I hate people.

And cars. I hate cars, too.

No comments: