Thursday, January 10, 2002

Losing a shirt at the corporate dry cleaners is all a part of life's rich pageant.



So, I was just on the phone with the consumer relations rep for the dry cleaners. Turns out the letter was sent in error - the cleaners had not in fact found my shirt and returned it to the store, which explains why it wasn't there, I suppose. So now they are going to look for it, since they were looking for the wrong thing first because they didn't have a proper description and then they stopped looking because the Vons told them I'd found the shirt.



She offered me up $100 credit for dry cleaning at the store, but I told her that wasn't as valuable to me as either a) getting the shirt back or b) getting a check for $80 (which is the value of the shirt or at least close to it.). What I didn't tell her is why it's not as valuable; I have no plans to ever use that Vons for anything ever again, but I want to resolve this situation before I guillotine them. It's convenient to go to as a stop after work, but it's a pain, too, since El Camino Real and Hwy 78 is such a messed up interchange.



In other news, the two authentic vintage Japanese block prints I took into the poster shop to be matted and framed came back yesterday. They messed that up, too. I wanted both framed prints to have identical outer dimensions, but the framer cut the frame and mats for the smaller (the three elegant ladies) one incorrectly and so it ended up being shorter than the other one (the samurai). So, those have to go back to be redone (for free, of course).



Sigh... I don't feel bad about it since I was very clear about my desires; I let the gal write it up the way she wanted to and it was misinterpreted at the shop. I have to say, though, that they look great!

No comments: