Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Unceremoniously Dumped

I stopped into the California Surf Museum today to find out why I haven't heard from them in a while. The gal in there told me that they had a new buyer and that he was responsible for gift shop merchandise. She didn't put two and two together though. I had told her I was been selling cards there prior to the move; she wanted to know if I had any samples or business card to give the buyer (as though I was making a sales pitch to be put into the store).

She made me wait, too, she was yacking on the phone for 10 minutes while I was waiting there. During that time I examined the gift shop and realized what had happened; they only had a very small postcards area with a grand total of 6 cards, one of which wasn't even California.

Now, I suppose that their marketing plan is to be international in scope and that the name "California Surf Museum" is not meant to be a local museum or even a California oriented museum but a surf museum located here in California. So, I can accept that, but at the time I was put into the gift shop at the old location the goal was to promote local artists as well as the Museum, so I guess that has gone by the wayside.

So, my only postcard customer has dumped me and didn't even tell me.

No comments: