Saturday, September 27, 2003

Rehearsal was good last night except my playing wasn't up to snuff. We came up with a really fantastic way to begin "Keep on Rockin' In the Free World," which we have determined is our encore song. We're gonna sing a slow tempo harmony-rich a cappella version of the chorus, hold the last note and let Vinh count us in to explode into the rocking version of it. It sounded great. I gave everyone the notes they were supposed to sing and we actually pulled it off, Vinh and Chris, even. I couldn't play "What's So Funny (About Peace, Love and Understanding) at all tonight and everything else when i had to sing was a little loosy goosy, I'm afraid. Oh well, more practice on my own during the week, I guess.



I had to avert a family crisis today since my aunt was wavering about whether she wanted to stay in the apartment or not. Mom sent me an email outlining the situation but I didn't understand so i called the house and talked to Dad who filled me in. Then I called Eleanor but she wasn't home so I left a message. She called me when John came home from work, we talked about it for while, I assured her everything was going to be fine and so now she's back on board. I swear, as I told Dad on the phone, the email I sent inviting everyone to Rome was entitled "A Rash Proposal" for a reason.

No comments: