Sunday, June 1, 2003

I have been neglecting my house lately and it has retaliated.



I went for a great hike yesterday and then worked on my roses, which are suffering from every unhealthy condition a rose can suffer from. I bought a combination insecticide/fungicide/mildewcide and sprayed it on and then added a ground-based disease preventer. I trimmed the bushes back to near-nothing and hopefully they will spring back healthy and happy.



Today I worked on the front sprinklers. I'll have to do to them what I had to do to the back set; replace the valves and re-wire. Fortunately I have plenty of wire this time.



We had a neighborhood party today which was fun. I dragged my monster PA out and we had tunes in the driveway and the street. My party is next weekend. Una amica Italiana called me yesterday to wish me a happy birthday and to enjoy my party; I'd forgotten to tell my Italian friends that I'd changed the date so she was one week early. It was great to hear from her, though and we had a good conversation.

No comments: