Sunday, February 10, 2002

So, I am a big mess (you are all saying, "Yes, so what else is new?"). No, I mean I am a big mess health-wise.

I was sick all week with a cold/minor flu. I have kicked the flu part and no longer have much of a cold either, but the infection is now deeper in my chest and has infected my right ear tube. For some reason, every once in a while I get an ear infection but it's ALWAYS in my right ear. I woke up last night from the pain. I fumbled around my cabinet and found some antibiotics I had from last year when I had my strep throat, so that seems to be under control now.

The heat and dryness the last two days isn't helping, either, so I bought a humidifier today. Hopefully that will help. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my podiatrist to assess the progress on my left foot. I'll ask him to give me prescription for something if it's still bad.

The kicker with this is that if I lay down for a while, my chest fills with fluid and I start coughing. If I then go take a hot shower it clears and I feel OK. It makes sleep a challenge. I have to sleep like the Elephant Man - propped up.

I worked on the sprinkler system yesterday and I fixed a bunch of problems with the various subsystems. I have three different types of sprinklers; the micro guys and two types of big ones. They are pretty hefty and nicely modular (I can switch spray heads with ease and adjust them without tools), but the two systems aren't cross compatible.

I rode the motorbike over to the mission (san Luis Rey) this afternoon to 1) get out of the house 2) ride the motorbike and 3) to see what's up over there. I didn't go inside, though. I'll save that for another day.

No comments: